Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Back from Vacation

Well im back from a short trip to Havasu with family and friends.  Of course the weekend we decided to go was unusually hot at 121 degrees!  Yowza!  It was great to get away and have some fun.  I decided to refrain from alcohol consumption.  Im just too concerned with my body right now to actively poison it.

Yesterday I did some research into the "Mediterranean Diet".  Some studies show it can be beneficial to the IVF process.  If you know me at all then you know I consume insane amounts of carbs on a daily basis.  I have found that this is not recommended in general (LOL) and most certainly not when you are going through the IVF process.  SO, I hit up Sprouts yesterday for my second time ever.  I found some great products and am very excited to try some new recipes.  Last night I made shrimp tacos with green sauce.  It was delish!  And surprisingly, I was not bloated or feeling extra full when I was done.  It was a great feeling.  While I was at Sprouts, a nice young cashier was helping me check out.  She complimented my shirt (cause Im so fly of course) and so began a light conversation.  I mentioned I was changing my diet to increase my chances of getting pregnant.  She said she too had been off BCP (birth control pills) and nothing has happened.  At the end of our meeting as I began to pay she abruptly typed in some numbers on her register and swiped a card attached to a lanyard she was wearing.  She then proceeded to tell me that she gave me her employee discount and she hopes it will bring me good luck.  HOW SWEET IS THAT!?  It just warmed my heart that she was so kind to a complete stranger.  Im going to take that little blessing and put it in my back pocket.  I can use all the blessings I can get.

Physically I have been feeling great for the most part.  Just been tired most of the time.  I increased my estrogen today so we will see if I have any side effects from that.  Hoping all continues as planned and we can transfer 2 frosty's on July 19th.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the Faith, good health & prayer. Praying for you daily too. Love you mucho!

    ReplyDelete